Janet’s Crab Mold Appetizer- (an appetizer made the night before serving)
My friend is a twin. She lives here in Sun Valley but her sister lives in Alaska. This is the sister’s recipe. Her sister says that at her parties her guests can’t get enough of this and I can see why. It’s delicious!! and like potato chips, hard to stop once you start. Even though I don’t favor cream cheese that much, Miracle Whip at all or processed foods like canned mushroom soup, however, with this particular recipe, II totally concede. If you think like me, I believe that once you taste this, you will too.
1- 1-8oz. package of cream cheese
2- 1 small grated or finely chopped onion
3- 1/2 C. finely chopped celery
4- 1/2 C. cream of mushroom soup-undiluted
5- 1 package unflavored gelatin—(you only use 1 dissolved Tblsp. for this recipe)
6- 1/2 C. Miracle Whip
7- 1 ½ C. crab meat (fresh is the best however good canned , drained, will do)
- Heat soup in a medium sized pan and add the dissolved gelatin. (Dissolve the gelatin according to package directions.) Stir well.
- Add the cream cheese and the Miracle Whip. Mix until melted.
- Add rest of the ingredients and put in a pretty greased mold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, set mold in warm water to help release.
- Serve on a pretty plate surrounded by thinly sliced baguette bread, good crackers, and celery.