Pork Chops—stove top and baked featuring cumin and mustard— easy and delicious
This particular recipe serves 4 however it can just serve one or more than 4 if you have a very large skillet.
- 4 8-ounch thick pork chops
- 1 Tsp. kosher salt
- 4 Tsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tblsp. crushed cumin seed or ground cumin will do as well
- 1 Tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tsp. canola oil and another generous tsp. or more for the iron skillet (or any skillet that can be used stove top as well as in the oven)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the salt, mustard, cumin, black pepper and 1 tsp. canola oil
- Spread the mixture above on both sides of the pork chop
- Stove top, heat the other Tsp. canola oil in the iron skillet
- Put the pork chop(s) in the heated skillet and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the skillet in the pre-heated oven and bake until the chops are just cooked through—about 12 minutes but it can be before, so watch carefully. You don’t want your chops to be tough.
- There you go—easy and delicious.
- Now, that you have the basic recipe, try to imagine other variations to spread on your chops and let me know what you like the best.
Bon Appétit—From Margot’s Table to Yours and http://blog.tempinnkeeper.com