Roasted Buttered Nuts with Two Variations for appetizers
Makes about 4-6 servings
- 2 C. (about 1 lb.) unsalted nuts such as pecans, almonds or cashews
- 1 Tblsp. peanut oil or melted butter
- S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 450
- Toss the nuts in a bowl with the oil/butter and S&P.
- Place on baking sheet and roast, shaking occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cool before serving; they will crisp as they cool
Sautéed Buttered Nuts:
- Place 4 Tblsp. butter or peanut oil in a large skillet and turn heat to med.-low.
- When the butter melts or the oil is hot, add the nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned—about 10 minutes. Be patient; high heat will burn the nuts.
- As they cook season with S&P.
Spiced Buttered Nuts:
- Add 1 Tsp. to 1 Tblsp. of any spice mixture such as chili powder or all purpose curry powder to the mix as directed below:
- When roasting, toss the spice with the nuts at the beginning.
- When sautéing, add it to the butter or oil as it heats.