Tasty, Easy and Healthy
- 2 peeled carrots—1 cut crosswise in 1 inch pieces; the other shaved with a peeler.
- 7 whole Brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves—peeled or unpeeled
- Chives—green and whites chopped
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 florets of a whole star anise
- 3/4 C. chicken bouillon
- Place all the ingredients in a medium sized pan. Bring the bouillon to a boil; lower the heat to an active simmer (medium low) and cook till carrots and sprouts are tender (about 10 minutes). Remove whole cloves and anise florets before eating.