Spinach Cheese Mushrooms
28 Servings (serving size 3 each)
- 1/2 lb. torn fresh spinach
- 2 Tblsp. water
- 3/4 C. ricotta cheese
- 3 Tblsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 C. Parmesan
- 1/2 C. water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 C. finely chopped pecans, divided
- 56 Large fresh mushrooms (about 3 ½ lbs.)
- Butter flavored spray
- In a saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce hear; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain; squeeze dry and finely chop.
- In a mixing bowl, beat ricotta and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese, water chestnuts, 3 Tblsp. pecans and chopped spinach.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Spray inside of mushroom caps with spray. Place caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. Stuff with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till lightly browned.