Simple, Easy, Fresh and Healthy plus Lovely to Look At. That’s what this recipe is all about.
Zucchini Au Bon Gout
- 1. 8 small whole zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- 2. 2 C. peeled ,chopped tomatoes (canned & drained is fine)
- 3. 1 C. bread crumbs, cooked in butter until crisp or packaged if need be
- 4. S&P to taste
- 5. Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450
- Simmer the zucchini in a little water until BARELY tender (8 to 10 minutes depending on the size). Drain and cool.
- When the zucchini are cool, cut in half lengthwise. If need be, scoop out the seeds from each half and invert the halves to drain.
- In a baking dish, arrange the zucchini, cut side up, and fill the cavities with equal parts chopped tomatoes and croutons. Sprinkle with S&P and cheese.
- Bake until heated through. Then brown under the broiler just before serving.