QUICK—QUICK—-QUICK SKILLET CAKE (and easy as well)
Here’s an iron skillet cake that I love. It’s so easy to make and so good to eat. I use either walnuts or almonds for the topping.
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla for a walnut topping or almond extract if using an almond topping
2 large eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick sweet butter, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds
Preheat oven to 350
- Butter a 9-inch iron skillet and sprinkle some flour over it all.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the butter and whisk until satiny. Stir in the flour mixture; whisk until smooth. Spread batter in the skillet and top with the walnuts or almonds.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- If you wish, drizzle some raspberry jam over it. I do and it makes it extra yummy and pretty.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temp. I tie a pretty napkin or scarf around the handle.
- Ice cream goes great with this.