1/2 C. cider vinegar
splash of balsamic(careful! put balsamic in bottle’s cap before pouring into dressing; taste before adding more)
1/4 C. whole cranberries
1/4 C. olive oil
2 Tsp. sugar
1/8 Tsp. salt
Ground pepper to taste
2 firm Bartlett pears or Anjou pears ( or apples if you prefer)
2 heads romaine lettuce, rinse dried, torn into bite-size pieces
2 medium heads Belgian endive, wash,dried, and chopped
Additional add-on ingredients:
1/2 C. chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 C. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese or other blue cheese
- Combine vinegar and cranberries in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries are softened—7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add olive oil, sugar and S&P.
- Place in blender and mix until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Core and julienne one pear; core and dice the other
- Combine the romaine, endive, diced pears, walnuts and Gorgonzola in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough dressing to coat and toss gently.
- Top with julienned pear.
For easy access and printing of this and past recipes, visit Margot’s blog http://blog.tempinnkeeper.com Call Margot for personal cooking help @ 721-3551.
Margot is a self-taught enthusiastic & passionate cook. Having been an inn-keeper for 5 years at her own inn, she accumulated a lot of good recipes which she loves to share.