Marmalade Drop Cookies
Here is an easy and yummy cookie to make for your family and friends. They also look pretty.
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter (1 cube), softened
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 3 Tblsp. sugar on a plate for dipping the dough
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with the following:
- 1 Tblsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 Tsp. almond extract
- 1 C. plus 1 Tblsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Beat softened butter and 1/4 C. sugar with electric beater and when smooth, add the egg yolk mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the flour and then mix the butter mixture into it until a smooth dough forms.
- Form the dough into about 24 small balls and roll in the plated sugar before placing them on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Lastly, make an indentation in each ball with your finger or thumb.
- Place on middle oven rack and bake until tops are lightly golden, about 24 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a platter.
- Place some marmalade or jam of your choice in each indentation. If you wish, you can further decorate with some powdered sugar and sliced almonds.