Baked Egg Yolk Nests
Recipe below serves 2 or 4—depending on many eggs each individual wishes to have.
This is a fun and actually splashy looking dish to serve your family or guests for a little special breakfast or brunch. It’s also very tasty and easy to make. So, give it a try.
- 4 eggs divided—whites in a medium sized bowl and yolks saved whole in the broken shell
- 1/4 C. or more grated Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano
- 1/4 C. or more chopped chives
- 1/4 C. or more diced bacon, ham or pancetta
- S & P to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Line a cookie or other baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whip whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into whites the grated cheese, chives and diced bacon,ham or pancetta
- Divide the egg whites as evenly as possible and spoon in mounds on prepared baking sheet.
- Make a deep well in each of the white mounds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 3 minutes.
- Then add your yolks in each mound and top with S&P to taste.
- Bake yolks will firm—from 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with muffins and some other kind of yummy bread and a side of fresh fruit.
- Bon Appétit.