Cupcakes-Coconut, Almond, Chocolate, Lemon-The Easy Way
Makes 18-24 cupcakes
This is a super simple recipe that results in very light and rich tasting cupcakes. They way you want them to taste is up to you—————-
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C. white sugar
- Dash of almond or vanilla extract or lemon zest (optional)
- 1 ¼ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C. total of the following 3 condiments—combination and amount to equal 3/4 C. wished for chosen by you (ie, it could be solely 3/4 C. coconut; or 1/4 C. coconut and 1/2 C. almonds; so-on-for the light flavor, don’t over dose):
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped or slivered almonds
- Chocolate chips
- 8 Tblsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Combine the 4 eggs, sugar and optional extracts and beat for about 5 minutes until mixture is very thick, pale and forms a ribbon.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder .
- In the egg mixture, fold in some of the flour mixture and then some of your condiment selection and continue doing that till all folded in. Lastly, fold in the melted butter. Fold in well till you can’t see the butter any longer.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 25 minutes. By that time, the mixture should be quite thick.
- When you’ve put the dough in the refrigerator, pre-heat the oven to 450. As well, spray your muffin pans or line them with paper cupcake liners. I really like the latter.
- After 25 minutes take your mixture out of the refrigerator and scoop the dough out to fill the muffin pans/or liners till each is filled about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place on the middle rack in the 450 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to 400 and bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick will come out clear.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Try not to eat them all at one sitting.
For easy access and printing of this and past recipes, visit Margot’s blog http://blog.tempinnkeeper.com Call Margot for personal cooking help or hosting
Margot is a self-taught enthusiastic & passionate cook. Having been an inn-keeper for 5 years at her own inn, she accumulated a lot of good recipes which she loves to share.