Huevos en Avocados
Well priced avocados still are bountiful at Atkinsons’. They are a nice large size and delicious tasting so here’s another easy and yummy recipe for anytime really—but of course perfect for breakfast. I serve this with warm tortillas, but a crusty baguette or toasted English muffin would also make a nice accompaniment.
- Avocados— as many as you wish
- Eggs—as many as you wish
- Diced cooked ham or bacon (of you can fry the bacon stove top while your dish is in the oven and sprinkle the bits over the avocados when they are done) (optional)
- Chopped green onions—the whole thing
- Fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
- Paprika and/or Chili powder (optional)
- Mexican shredded cheese (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Line your desired baking dish that you will be using with aluminum foil.
- Cut the avocados in half, length wise. If there is not enough of a dip in the avocado to hold an egg, take some of the flesh out so that you’ll have a nice dip.
- Place the avocados in the dish and place a cracked egg in each. Some of the white may run over, but that’s OK.
- Top the avocado and the inserted egg with your options listed in the ingredients. You might think of even more options, such as sour cream, etc.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes. You can see if you like the results at 15 minutes, but mine is perfect in 20 minutes.
For easy access and printing of this and past recipes, visit Margot’s blog http://blog.tempinnkeeper.com Call Margot for personal cooking help or hosting
Margot is a self-taught enthusiastic & passionate cook. Having been an inn-keeper for 5 years at her own inn, she accumulated a lot of good recipes which she loves to share.