Strawberry-Nut Quick Bread
Makes one 9 X 5 Loaf
I found some very sweet and tasty California strawberries at the Ketchum Atkinsons’ store at a nice price- under $2 for a 1 lb. Clamshell. So, I of course ate some fresh but the thought of making this very tasty quick moist bread came to mind, so I did create a half a loaf, just for me. With some whipped cream cheese as a topping, it was delicious. Of course, I wanted to share this easy recipe so here it is.
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1 ½ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 ½ C. of your favorite chopped nuts
- 10 Oz. sliced strawberries –fresh preferably but they can be frozen
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and oil well a 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pan. I also sprinkled some sugar on the bottom.
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil until well combined.
- Mix together well the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. I use my whip for this.
- Beat or mix all until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- Add the berries and chopped nuts.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake on the middle rack for 55 to 65 minutes. For half a loaf, I used the same sized pan so the break turned out a bit less thick and it baked in about 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
For easy access and printing of this and past recipes, visit Margot’s blog http://blog.tempinnkeeper.com Call Margot for personal cooking help or hosting
Margot is a self-taught enthusiastic & passionate cook. Having been an inn-keeper for 5 years at her own inn, she accumulated a lot of good recipes which she loves to share.