Baked Trout With Sour Cream Parmesan Cheese Sauce
I love Idaho trout and yesterday, I was in the mood for just that. I also was in the mood for an easy dinner fix and that’s what this was. I sliced some new baby potatoes very thin and added some olive oil and sliced onions plus herbs and put them in aluminum foil which I folded to close. I did the same for some broccoli crowns but you could have used squash, whatever. The trout I made as this recipe calls for and left the aluminum foil open. Into the oven it all went and voila, 25 minutes later a glorious meal. I made the trout with the larger amounts written for the sauce but actually wished I had only used 1/2 of the amounts because frankly that was too much sauce for me. So, that’s why I put the amounts of the ingredients the way I did. If you like a lot of sauce use the larger amount and if you are not a huge sauce person, go for the lesser amounts.
- 1 pound trout fillets
- 1/2 to 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place fish in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, onion and salt; spread over fish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.